+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Overworld effects?

Administrator

Default Overworld effects?

Does anyone have any ideas for what kind of overworld effects some Topaz moves could have? Keep them relatively simple and easy to program if possible.

Secret Agent

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but maybe Serenade could decrease wild pokemon encounter rate?
    Essentials already has the Pokegear in it, and the Jukebox function includes a song (Lullaby) that decreases encounter rates. This effect seems to fit with the idea of Serenade (doesn't allow physical moves for a turn), and shouldn't be too difficult to program if the function is already there.
    On the other hand, the effect isn't very useful if our pokegear can do that.
    We also have several light moves that would make much more sense for lighting up caves than Flash does.

Administrator

I think it's better to keep Flash as the cave lighting HM since that's a reference point that players can draw upon. Changing it will mostly lead to more confusion, I think. We can also simply not have the Lullaby song.

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    We can also simply not have the Lullaby song.
    Yeah. The pokegear should play songs, but maybe not ones that have an effect. That way, we could give the effects to moves.
    Soothe Song might work better for lowering the encounter rate.
    Meanwhile, Uproar (I couldn't find a Topaz move that would make sense) could increase encounters.

+ Reply to Thread