Thread: Activity-Our Motivation Has Hit Rock Bottom

Eighty More Posts

Default Activity-Our Motivation Has Hit Rock Bottom

If you've been on practically all day you would know that barely anyone has posted in our 'work fourms'. I'm not sure if our motivation is low or if people can't find things to do. If we want to get this demo done we need to FIND stuff to do. I saw IB, Reli, and XTS on for on for one whole hour without a post, but it isn't just them, I think everyone is to blame. More work needs to be done each day.
    Last edited by Sev; 03-15-11 at 01:57 AM.

Spriter and Gym designer

Well, what exactly do you suggest we do about this?

Eighty More Posts

I'm not really sure what is wrong. It seems that things start as soon as IB makes a post but as you notice, IB hasn't posted all today. I mean I posted some concept art at 1pm. That should have at least got a bit of a conversation started. Abut the only thing posted today was Cynadile and Reli ranting over changing a E4 to a Gym Leader or something.
    Note: In my title i knew I had seen the expression Our Motivation Has Hit Rock Bottom on another fourm. I just didn't reelize I had quoted Fang/Captain Library/Charlie from the Acanthite Team.

aut vincere aut mori

This thread really isn't all that necessary. In all honesty, it's mostly programming issues that are left for the demo. Once Zero begins learning Ruby, we can make anything he wants done for us, unless he has any specific requests now of course.

Administrator

There's nothing I can say on this thread really. Topaz always has its ups and downs. Maybe try looking at revamps or Pokedex Entries if you want to try moving things along?

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    There's nothing I can say on this thread really. Topaz always has its ups and downs. Maybe try looking at revamps or Pokedex Entries if you want to try moving things along?

To be fair, I effectively quit the site, at least as an active member, a while ago. Now I just skim stuff and occasionally post ideas or vote on the polls. So don't blame an inactive for not being active. As to the rest of it? I dunno.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    ― Douglas Adams

"Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!" - The Doctor

Better Than That Guy

Actually our motivation's kinda high. Rock bottom's when nothing gets done and you can come back a week latter with 1/no new posts relating to any kind of development.

Administrator

Yeah, it seems that development lately has been focused more on the nuances of the game (gym stuff, plot design, storyline) rather than the tangibles (sprites, etc).

We need as much of the former as the latter, so I don't see a problem. Things will pick up once I can get some stuff done and screenshots/demos posted.

I anticipate to get the programming side of things picked up just in time for the summer rush. Planning on starting early/mid April.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Quote Originally Posted by zeroality View Post
    the summer rush.
    I.e. Each of us visits the site a couple more times per day.

As long as things are being done, we're nowhere near "rock bottom". From my perspective, rock bottom of activity is when there is nothing being done and no concrete plans of what is going to be done. I don't think we've ever been there yet.

Eighty More Posts

I didn't mean 'Rock Bottom'... This was meant as more a inspirational rant, rather than to scowl people. I mean, we could at least get the item sprites finalized. New concept artists are helping out and to my understanding, are coming back. It's just very slow right now, and both me and tyrannigon are sick so you have us all day.
    Last edited by Sev; 03-16-11 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Spelling Error

Spriter and Gym designer

Actually, I'm trying to stay away from the computer for most of today, I just thought I would check in. I should be back on tomorrow though.

aut vincere aut mori

The thing is, there's really nothing to inspire, nor is there any reason for a motivational speech right now. We are doing fine, it's business as usual.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by mefan3 View Post
    both me and tyrannigon are sick so you have us all day.
    You guys know each other IRL or something?

Spriter and Gym designer

No, we both talked about it in places on Topaz.

Eighty More Posts

Considerring you put this on there, you remember there's a place called fourm games right? We went back in forth all day and I asked him why he'd been on all day, and he said he was sick. I'm still sick

Still No MIDI Keyboard

Think about it: at least we have an active contributor base. Acanthite is quite literally dead.

stuff

Quote Originally Posted by STT View Post
    Think about it: at least we have an active contributor base. Acanthite is quite literally dead.
    Not to mention that it seems that pretty much no one there WANTS to work on it.

And mefan, I lol'd at this. If you think our activity has hit rock-bottom NOW, you should have seen it a few months ago.

Administrator

Acanthite doesn't seem that dead.

Anyway, there's nothing constructive coming from this topic anymore. So to the Cemetery it goes.