D/P OU
D/P UU
D/P NU
D/P Ubers
D/P Little Cup

Ongoing
D/P OU Round Robin

Upcoming Tournaments
D/P Mono-type (secondary types allowed, IE: Ghost/Poison can go on either mono Ghost or mono Poison)
D/P NFE

SilentSentinel
01-28-10, 04:51 AM
Okay how about this? It can't be recreated perfectly on shoddy, but it might be fun.

How about if we do some kind of retro tournament? You can only use the origonal 150 pokemon, and only moves that the pokemon could learn in the 1st gen. Like I said, you can't recreate it perfectly because of the D/P split. I haven't really thought about it all that much, but it could be cool if done right.

Shadow_Rukario
02-12-10, 04:24 AM
So I was just messing around with this idea today and Ii thought it could end up being interesting. We could have a tourney where each round there is a single pokemon that you must use (OU. BL, UU, or NU). This pokemon would be randomly selected by somebody who you aren't facing and PM'd to you. The pokemon would change each round. It'd be interesting to see what people do when they are forced to have a certain pokemon.

zeroality
02-12-10, 04:53 AM
Yeah that does sound cool but I would eliminate NU Pokemon, too much of an handicap.

So rp, you basically want an RBY tournament in the D/P metagame? That could be interesting.

Cranky Guy
02-17-10, 05:22 AM
This is just an idea, but how about a Metronome tournament? Everyone has to get one pokemon that learns Metronome and everytime his turn comes, the only attack he can use is Metronome. It would be cool because you can only win on luck.

SilentSentinel
02-17-10, 05:45 AM
Yeah zero, that's basically what I'm saying. I like sr's idea as well, but I think we want our tourneys to be decided based on skill rather than luck, cranky.

I had another interesting idea though. It's kind of a variation on mono type, but instead of just one type, its like a chain. Say for example you are given the type fire, and chose heatran. Then you have to choose a two type pokemon that has one type as steel. So if we go with the example, your team could end up looking like this:

Heatran, scizor, ninjask, articuno, weavile, tyranitar

Or:

Heatran, lucario, gallade, latias, flygon, gliscor

You could include montype pokemon having the last pokemon in the chain able to be a single typer, or increase the strategy element by making it a set~style game where you must use each pokemon on your team in order.

Cranky Guy
02-17-10, 05:59 AM
how about type and move match tournament (AT least that is what I would call it.) ? You can use any pokemon but you can only use an atack that matches it type. For example, you have a Zubat. As you know Zubat can learn Supersonic, but because it is a poison and flying type, it cant use use Supersonic because it is a Normal type attack.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-17-10, 06:15 AM
Maybe that could work.

I was thinking maybe something called half cup. Pokemon are at a reduced level like in LC but 50 not 5. However you can't use egg move like you can in LC. Only level up moves from 50 or below allowed along with tms.

EDIT: lol rage be double~postin! I think his phone just does it by itslef sometimes.

HIJACK: Shut up, MI

zeroality
02-21-10, 02:47 AM
I'll have to look over these ideas more carefully before I comment but wanted to say that we need to decide on what to do for the mono tournament, which is next.

Allow secondary types or make it a single type only tournament? As you know, most OU Pokemon have a secondary type and the removal of these will greatly benefit some other Pokemon (Azelf/Uxie/Cresselia ugh).

Shadow_Rukario
02-21-10, 08:41 PM
I say allow secondary types. If we remove them certain types (Fire, Bug) will be made useless while other types (Water, Psychic) will dominate. Some types are just too reliant on secondary typing to be any good without it and others don't need a secondary typing to dominate.

zeroality
02-26-10, 04:22 AM
Alright, we will allow secondary types.

Now that NetBattle has upgraded and fixed the 'rootkit problem', maybe we could do some legacy tournaments (GSC, RBY, etc) if there's interest? I wanna play RSE OU/Ubers. :D

Cranky Guy
03-14-10, 05:30 AM
Suit yourself.

zeroality
03-14-10, 07:13 AM
Suit yourself.
It would be nice if you quoted posts that you are replying to when there is a 3 week span between posts.

Anyway, I haven't decided anything about any of the other formats proposed - they actually all look pretty fun. When the 'Upcoming Tournaments' list starts to run short, I'll go over them again. They will be added to the list in chronological order, pending approval.