PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Topaz has a new programmer

zeroality
02-18-10, 01:20 PM
I'd like to welcome Badara (http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/member.php?273-Badara) who will be taking over the programming duties at Pokemon Topaz. We are very excited to have him aboard as the programming aspect of the game was the final barrier towards getting a demo out. He has already been able to code several of the most difficult moves with ease so things are looking up!

I won't hype the release date for a demo but I wouldn't be surprised to see one looming on the horizon. Stay tuned and tell all your friends about us and this exciting new development! Now has never been a better time to be a member of Pokemon Topaz, one of the friendliest and most welcoming Pokemon communities out there!

Black Temple Gaurdian
02-18-10, 04:02 PM
So things should be moving pretty quickly? Can we expect a demo release soon then?

SilentSentinel
02-18-10, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if it was out soon. Move programming is coming along great, badara has solved quite a few of our problems with certain moves.

ImmunityBow
02-18-10, 06:58 PM
We have one huge major decision to make before the demo, that being the options we have with regards to implementing the 80x80 sprites we're using, but otherwise most things seem to be on track now.

Big thanks to Badara!

Also, I'd like to note that we have a mapper who will likely either be working in conjunction with Fangking Omega or all alone. This is nokeeo (sorry if it was misspelled). Big welcome to him as well!

zeroality
02-18-10, 06:59 PM
It will be out as soon as we can get it out.

Black Temple Gaurdian
02-19-10, 03:17 PM
Yes, sorry should made it more obvious, what I meant was that is it now leaving the planning stage (after so long) and entering the actuall development stage?

Cyndadile
02-19-10, 04:14 PM
I believe it has been in development.

SilentSentinel
02-19-10, 05:53 PM
Well yeah, we've been in development for a while, it's just stagnated as of late. But we are now well on our way once again.