PDA

View Full Version : Mono Type Tournament signups

zeroality
04-08-10, 02:17 AM
Well, finally we are getting to the "metagames" that almost nobody plays - and these usually turn out to be the most fun!

Standard D/P Mono Type OU with Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause, Timed Battle.

Any Pokemon may be used, except those from the Uber (http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber) tier. ALL 6 of your Pokemon must have the same type in common and you are allowed to have Pokemon with 2 types.

If that's not clear, you can have Gengar on the same team as Misdreavus or on the same team as Weezing since it is Ghost/Poison. You do not have to have all 6 Pokemon match BOTH types, just the one type that you are basing your team on.

You CAN switch teams/types between rounds but don't scout and switch.

Go ahead and sign up! :)

SilentSentinel
04-08-10, 02:35 AM
Epic! In, one question though. Are we being assigned types or do we just pick them ourselves?

ImmunityBow
04-08-10, 02:45 AM
Out. I've never really liked mono since Water, Normal and Steel dominate so hard.

XTS
04-08-10, 03:18 AM
Muchly in. Always love mono-tourneys.

Shadow_Rukario
04-08-10, 04:06 AM
Not a big fan of mono, but I'll be in regardless.

zeroality
04-09-10, 04:52 AM
You can pick them yourselves. Normal? A couple of good Close Combat Pokemon would rip apart a normal team unless they all had chople.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
04-09-10, 04:51 PM
In.

Obtuse
04-14-10, 02:13 AM
I have epic ideas for mono teams... In, I suppose.

I'm very rusty in the realm of competitive battling, but who cares =D

zeroality
04-14-10, 09:13 AM
With me, that makes 6. I'd like to get 1 more player so we can avoid a bye in 2nd round or a round robin finals.

OddCrow
04-15-10, 05:51 AM
I'll fill that spot.