Thread: ImmunityBow's Random Pokemon Comment of the Day

Threaded View

Administrator

Default ImmunityBow's Random Pokemon Comment of the Day

Just thought that since we've got a lot of newer members hanging around nowadays, I'd use the RNG to generate a number from our Caldera/Kirant Dex and share some thoughts about the Pokemon. Feel free to comment, add your own things, anything. If possible I'll do this daily, if only as a point of discussion.

So, first RNG: 108!
    Tellure

Tellure

Front sprite by Novoni, backsprite by ImmunityBow.

This has been one of my favourite Topazmon since I first came here, and in my brief advertising stints on Acanthite and such I always liked to showcase this one. Since its work of genius front sprite is obviously from the great Novoni, Tellure's always presented a great challenge since it's so visually stunning. How do you make concept art for it? A backsprite for it? Reliability stepped up to the cause, though he's still looking to get it edited. EDIT: Now the backsprite is updated so it's mine :3

Tellure's sprite isn't the only awesome thing about it though, to make up for its below-average stats, it also has a spectacular movepool and ability. The moveset was initially made by Ali, and drew praise even from the generally difficult to please neon Barnacle, one of the Topaz admin at the time. The Copycat ability, unique to the Pokemon (not even Equill learns it) allows it to copy any stat bonuses of the enemy Pokemon. A suggested moveset is Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Imprison/Mystic Power (or Magic Coat), which allows it to lock out two of its main weaknesses in Ice and Electric moves, while staying safe from status with Magic Coat or Synchronize and keeping up with enemy boosts with Mystic Power or Copycat. Tellure isn't limited to that moveset though, with a plethora of support options such as Wish, Flatter, Heal Bell, Calm Wind, Equilibrium, the screens and Squall.

Tellure's Pokedex Entry: "TELLURE escapes from enemies by dazzling them with a whirl of colorful lights. The experience is often compared to the influence of hallucinogens."
    This one was initially concepted by Kisa and underwent a process of edits by neon Barnacle, Pirotechnix, and me. Though Tellure is such an evocative Pokemon, it was difficult to capture its nature in just two sentences, and so went through a fair amount of debate before finally reaching that state that achieved the 5 votes necessary to be officialized.

Tellure currently has a pending concept art from Phoenixsong, though it is yet to be determined when that will be coming in.

You can find all of Tellure's stats and such here
    Last edited by ImmunityBow; 03-01-13 at 03:16 AM.