Thread: Reli's Pearl Nuzelocke

Threaded View

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Default Reli's Pearl Nuzelocke

I typed this all out then it didn't post...

I figured since I'm bothering to do this, I'll keep you updated on what's happening. I decided to follow the nickname rule, and I'm using the names of the characters from Skins. I just hope I don't run out of names...

As usual, I started out with Turtwig. Every time, I've always chosen Turtwig and I'm not stopping now.
    "Tony" M/Brave/Overgrow
    Continuing on, I didn't have much luck. Up to Oreburgh Gate, I kept defeating the Starlys/Shinx I met on each route and had nothing else to catch. At Oreburgh Gate and Oreburgh Mine, I caught a Geodude. They ended up being identical stats and ability, so I decided to raise one and use the other to do Rock Smash.
    "Mini" F/Naughty/Rock Head and "Sketch" F/Brave/Rock Head
    Defeating Roark ended up being a close call for Turtwig, but a OHKO Razor Leaf was a saving grace. Otherwise, I've been progressing pretty well, not really getting close to fainting in any instance.
    Route 204 was another fail, but I did pick up a Zubat in Ravaged Path.
    "Sid" M/Naive/Inner Focus
    Floraroma plot things went by without a hitch, then 205 brought a Shellos, and Eterna Forest: a Buneary.
    "Mattie" M/Impish/Sticky Hold
    "Franky" F/Mild/Run Away
    My Turtwig evolved in Eterna Forest as well, so that was fun.

I went on to Route 211 hoping for a Ponyta, but got a Bidoof instead, which I can use for an HM slave, but isn't going to help my team for the grass gym...
    "Grace" F/Jolly/Simple
    So now, my mission is essentially to train Buneary and Grotle up before trying Gardenia. My team is a little heavy on the rock/water side, so that doesn't bode well.

Current Team
    Mattie lvl. 13
    Franky lvl. 12
    Tony lvl. 19
    Mini lvl. 20
    Sketch lvl. 8
    Grace lvl. 13
    Last edited by Reliability; 08-14-12 at 08:01 PM.