+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reminisce/Nostalgia Thread.

Default Reminisce/Nostalgia Thread.

Hmm... Not sure why I felt the need to create this but I felt like talking about the old times. My God I feel so old, I am 20 now =( I think I joined sometime when I was 14? 6 years I have been with Pokemon Topaz, though not consistently.

I remember when Topaz was a part of PokeRealm and we had the Text Rpg. Back when Black Tigress was the lead on Topaz and Novoni and Oykawoo as the top artists. Those were the good ol' days.

I am kind of curious who has been here since those days, and if you had a name change since PokeRealm do tell.

I guess just talk about what you remember about Topaz in the past and the community at the time.

Administrator

To be honest I was mostly just a lurker in the Pokerealm days. Nearing the end of its life I made an account and tried to say some things but the reception I got was extremely elitist and negative so I just went back to lurking. Then the site was taken down and I was sort of crushed at the time that I couldn't find it any more...

I've tried my best to change the Topaz community by being constructive and welcoming to newer members, but with a community that's been running so long it's difficult sometimes to stave off the sort of tired irritation that is often directed at newcomers.

I guess that wasn't so nostalgic as depressing. Cranifold, Whispore and Portabellow were my favourite Topazmon at the time, guess where they are now lol.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    Cranifold
    *Foldicrane?

I joined Pokerealm with no real intention of doing any work for Topaz, but was pretty active in the Graphics Forum doing Pokemon spriting. There were a slew of spriting contests that I ran if I remember correctly. It's all rather vague.

I hadn't much involvement in the project at the time, so where it was is a little bit hazy. The fossil Pokemon had concepts but no sprites, Gryphonic had no pre-form... I didn't really get involved in the project until Pokerealm ended and I had a void to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Reliability View Post
    *Foldicrane?

I joined Pokerealm with no real intention of doing any work for Topaz, but was pretty active in the Graphics Forum doing Pokemon spriting. There were a slew of spriting contests that I ran if I remember correctly. It's all rather vague.

I hadn't much involvement in the project at the time, so where it was is a little bit hazy. The fossil Pokemon had concepts but no sprites, Gryphonic had no pre-form... I didn't really get involved in the project until Pokerealm ended and I had a void to fill.
    I totally remember your sprite contests. Competed in a few of them. I totally remember the foldicrane concept as well. I think there was also this rock type owl concept iirc.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

I really did enjoy running those. I would do it again, but we don't have the spriting base we used to.

Administrator

Yes Foldicrane haha.

I think you'd be surprised at our spriting base. From what I can tell almost everyone around has tried their hand in some way at spriting, and that's what the new people that come around for a while generally throw themselves at first. If you start with something more accessible like recolours or splices I think you could get 5-6 people if not more.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

I'll inquire.

+ Reply to Thread