Thread: Tyrannigon's Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke Challenge

Threaded View

Spriter and Gym designer

Default Tyrannigon's Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke Challenge

So, I’ve seen a few people here doing the Nuzlocke challenge. I figured "Why not? I'll do one too." I’ll be playing through Pokemon Emerald, but to make things interesting, I'll be using the Emerald Randomizer.

For those of you who don’t know, the Emerald Randomizer, as the name suggest, randomizes the Pokemon in the game. It only works on wild Pokemon and starters, though, so the trainers will have the same Pokemon, and event Pokemon (e.g. legendaries, the Wynaut egg) aren’t randomized either. Also, it doesn’t make a random Pokemon appear each time, rather, it will change the encounter rates in each area, so it will be the same handful of Pokemon in one area, and a different handful in another.

So, without any further ado, let’s get to it.

My choices for starter Pokemon turn out to be Charmeleon, Oddish, and Armaldo. I think it’s pretty obvious which one I’m going to choose.

I take Charmeleon and battle the Zigzagoon that’s attacking the Professor. I defeat it with ease.

Birch takes me back to his lab and gives me Charmeleon.

New Pokemon: Charles

Lv. 5 / Blaze / M
    Scratch
    Growl
    Ember
    ---

Hopefully I'll be able to come up with better names later.

So, I head off to search for May. I decide to grind a bit at Route 101, because I always feel the need to for some reason. Unfortunately, half the Pokemon there are resistant to Fire.

Route 101 Pokemon: Nidoking, Carvahna, Torchic, Grimer, Ekans, Corphish, Graveler, Ampharos, Ledyba

I decide to quit once Charles gets to be Lv. 10 (which doesn’t take long, thanks to Ampharos) and move on to Route 102 (of course, healing before that).

I was hoping to get through without any wild Pokemon encounters happening so I could catch something once I actually got Pokeballs, but a Wobbuffet thwarted that plan. (Or maybe I’m a derp and you actually can get Pokeballs from the Pokemart by this point. Whatever.)

I get to May, and we begin the battle. She has a Torchic, so neither of us have a type advantage (Yet). Thanks to being an evolved Pokemon, and being such a high level by comparison, Charles takes down Torchic with a couple of Scratches.

I head back to Oldale where I heal my Pokemon, then to Littleroot, where I receive the Pokedex and some Pokeballs. I head back to Oldale and buy a few more Pokeballs and continue my quest.

New Pokemon: Kate

Lv. 3 / Rock Head / F
    Growl
    ---
    ---
    ---

Only Growl? She’ll be fun to train… After healing, I head to Route 102 for training, hoping it’s better than 101.

Route 102 Pokemon: Wobbuffet, Marill, Huntail, Espeon,

I realize that this is a bad idea when a Wobbuffet appears, so I can’t switch Kate out for Charles. So, I have to use all of her Growls, and her Tail Whips (which she learned a level ago) so she can use Struggle, which will actually hit Wobbuffet. They both run out of PP at the same time, so both sides keep using Struggle. Kate comes out victorious, and I decide to train at Route 101.

Route 101 Pokemon I didn’t see last time: Phanpy, Muk, Mew

Eventually, the exp. yield gets too low for my tastes, so I go to Route 103 to train instead.

Route 103 Pokemon: Cubone, Rhydon, Parasect, Jirachi, Poliwag, Deoxys

Kate FINALLY learns an attacking move (Bone Club) so I’m willing to move on and fight some trainers.

I get to Petalburg, go through the stupid catching tutorial thing with Wally, blah blah blah, next route, please.

New Pokemon: Dave

Lv. 5 / Static / M
    Thundershock
    Tail Whip
    Quick Attack
    Thunderbolt

This is getting long, maybe I should stop for now.

Current Party:

Charles

Lv. 14 / Blaze / M
    Scratch
    Growl
    Ember
    Smokescreen

Kate

Lv. 10 / Rock Head / F
    Growl
    Tail Whip
    Bone Club
    ---

Dave

Lv. 5 / Static / M
    Thundershock
    Tail Whip
    Quick Attack
    Thunderbolt

To be continued
    Last edited by Tyrannigon64; 10-23-12 at 01:51 AM.