I go to Route 102 to train Dave.

Route 102 Pokemon I didn’t see before: Dodrio, Spinarak, Ampharos, Ludicolo, Lairon

Once I decide that Dave is too strong for them, I move on to Route 103.

Route 103 Pokemon I didn’t see before: Snorunt, Venusaur, Rattata, Murkrow

I get bored of that quickly and move on to the trainers on Route 104 (not the grass, it has Raichus, which would be attracted by Static, and they’d resist Dave’s attack, and they have Static too, and it’d be really annoying), and then Petalburg Woods.

Accidentally killed the Gardevoir. I probably couldn’t have caught it anyways.

Petalburg Woods Pokemon: Gardevoir, Porygon, Aipom, Weepinbell, Magmar, Spheal

After getting through the woods and defeating the trainers on Route 104 (the part of Route 104 after the woods), I went behind the flower shop to see if I could find a good Pokemon to catch.

New Pokemon: Keith

Lv. 4 / Battle Armor / M
Scratch
Harden
---
---

Is it just me, or does this game want me to have an only Gen 1 team? Well, I guess it’s time to head on back to earlier routes to train Keith…

Why did I have to try to battle that Nidoking? Keith fell victim to Nidoking’s Poison Point. If only he could last one more step, he would’ve been fine. Unfortunately, that’s not how it went. At least I didn’t get much time to get attached… I’m still sad, though, and a little bit mad at myself. I should’ve known that Nidoking was too strong…

With no more reason to be where I am, I head on to Route 105 to see what other Pokemon await there. Also, I want to train Kate for the battle against Roxanne.

Route 104 (After PW) Pokemon: Kabuto, Raichu, Skarmory, Oddish, Groudon, Furret, Surskit, Meowth, Geodude

After a while, I go to the gym to get exp. from the trainers. At this point I use the internet to look up the levels of Roxanne’s Pokemon. Her highest levelled is her Nosepass, Lv. 15, the same as Kate, but I want to have the advantage. I go to Route 116 to train. But first…

New Pokemon: Sam

Lv. 6 / Speed Boost / F
Scratch
Harden
Leech Life
Sand Attack

Look at that, something from a different generation. I’ll train her later.

Route 116 Pokemon: Ninjask, Meditite, Spinarak, Dragonite, Kadabra, Swampert, Hitmonchan, Psyduck, Zangoose, Diglett

I end up in Rustturf Cave, just to try to catch another Pokemon. Unfortunately, I ran out of Pokeballs, so I couldn’t catch the Eevee I was battling, so I had to let it go.

After some more training, I feel confident with Kate, so I challenge Roxanne. It isn’t even a challenge. Her Geodudes go down in one hit each, and her Nosepass takes two. Kate doesn’t even get hit.

This seems like a good place to finish for now. Next time, I’ll train my Pokemon to Kate’s level, and then maybe I’ll get the Devon Goods.

Current Party:

Charles

Lv. 14 / Blaze / M
Scratch
Growl
Ember
Smokescreen

Kate

Lv. 20 / Rock Head / F
Growl
Tail Whip
Bone Club