"All right! My first Pokemon!" Vajra was clearly excited, having received a rare Pokemon after only three days of living in the Caldera-Kirant region. He had moved here from Rustboro City in Hoenn, and had gained the approval of Neo Bay's local Pokemon Professor to start training Pokemon! It was a Fire-type lion-like Pokemon called Celsinge, and he had nicknamed it "Nitro", just for fun.

Vajra was about to leave the town when he felt a tug on his shirt. Turning around, he found himself face-to-face with his friend Zill, who was also carrying a Poke-Ball. "Going somewhere, Vaj?" Zill said.

"Well, duh! I have to train my Pokemon, Zill; it won't get stronger until I train it by battling wild Pokemon!"

"That's true, Vajra. However, you do know that you can also train them by battling other Trainers?" Zill seemed to be hinting at wanting to fight.

Vajra thought about it, then nodded. "Alright, I'll fight you, I suppose. But I really wanna go see what Pokemon are out there, so don't keep me long!"

Almost instantly, Zill hurled his own Pokemon's Poke-Ball out onto the ground! "Then let's do this! C'mon, Caska! Let's do this!" A dolphin-like Pokemon Vajra knew was known as Echoise materialized from the Ball, and Vajra chucked Nitro's Ball out as well. "Right, use Scratch, Nitro!"

OoC: Nitro and Caska are the nicknames for my Celsinge and Zill's Echoise, respectively. Just a note for the mods.