Thread: Do Ya Like

Threaded View

aut vincere aut mori

Default Do Ya Like

Donald woke up on a couch. He was wearing Pajamas, which was odd because he didn't remember having packed any pajamas. Then he remembered that the youngster's mother had given him these to borrow for the night. He looked over on the coffee table to find his clothes and bag. The pokeball containing Nadir rested on top of his folded shirt. He looked around, and not seeing any members of the family around, quietly changed into his clothes. He also sent out Nadir, just to make sure he had healed up okay. The feline pokemon seemed full of energy this morning, which relieved Donald. In fact, he seemed so full of energy that he let out a small gout of flame! Donald yelped a little bit, worrying that his pokemon might accidentally set some of the family's furniture on fire. The youngster's mom came down and asked him how he slept. He replied with a yawn and a "Great!", and then set into small talk. Donald was truly astounded by the hospitality that he was the recipient of here.

The youngster's mother made some breakfast, and he joined them while conversing with the family about the region of Caldera/Kirant. Donald learned that instead of 8 badges, they had 12, which made it more difficult to become the champion, and also made it so that trainers here weren't as common as places like Kanto or Johto. That made sense, as advancing far in any league was very prestigious. He offered to give the family some money to compensate them for his stay, but they refused, so he thanked them and went on his way.

Donald walked out into the street of Sunset Village. It seemed like a sleepy little town, with not much to do. Perhaps taking Nadir for a walk by the beach would be fun! He sent out Nadir once again. His pokemon promptly began spitting out puffs of flame, eager to show off his new move. Donald had a feeling that being able to breathe fire would be really useful, especially in battle against foes with distance attacks.

Donald and Nadir walked along the beach, Nadir staying a little bit away from the water to avoid getting wet. Donald was appreciating the sea breeze when he heard a man yell "HEY, YOU!" from behind him.

Donald turned to see a grizzled old fisherman walking towards him. There was no one else around, so Donald assumed he was talking to him.

"Uh, what?" Donald asked as the fisherman got close.

"FORGIVE MY YELLING, I'M HARD OF HEARING. WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN HOW TO FISH? IT COULD BE USEFUL FOR YOUR POKEMON ADVENTURE!"

Donald more than heard the words coming from the fisherman's mouth. "Uhm... okay?"

The fisherman grinned, and started yelling again. "OKAY THEN. IF YOU CAN BEAT ME IN A BATTLE, THEN I'LL GIVE YOU ONE OF MY FISHING RODS!" The Fisherman then promptly sent out a water typed pokemon into the ocean.

Donald sighed. "Well Nadir, I was hoping that we'd get some rest today, but I think we're both recovered enough. Let's do this!"

OOC: I'd like to attempt the Fishing Guru's Fancy Sidequest. I'm going to purchase a few things in the shop as well.
    Last edited by SilentSentinel; 03-04-13 at 06:34 AM.