OOC: Curiouser and curiouser. The Damage Value is actually correct though, or at least its the same as my other calc. I messed up when I calc'd it before.

The bear pokemon was sent packing very quickly. Nadir ran back and jumped up into Donald's arms and began licking his face in celebration. His tongue was sanpapery, like a housecat.

"Haha, you're killing me, Nadir!" Donald shouted. He and his pokemon celebrated their win for a few more moments before continuing down the path east. It was reasonably quick going for the most part, but oftentimes felled trees and large piles of brush would get in the way and force Donald and Nadir to circumnavigate large areas.

It got later in the afternoon, and the pair of travelers had walked a fair distance. They decided to take a break for a snack. Donald pulled out some energy bars, but realized that he didn't really have anything that Nadir could eat. Stupid! He can't believe that he hadn't thought of that when he had picked up supplies. This wasn't good, as they were likely going to have to spend the night in this forest.

A loud crash brought the pairs attention to a man tripping over a fallen tree branch. He was a rather large, middle aged man adorned in hiking gear. He had a pokemon that Donald remembered one of the youngsters using, a Mogel. The man got up, and noticed Donald and Nadir sitting on a log. "Hail, traveler!" The hiker yelled. "I'm quite happy to see you!"

"And why is that?" Donald replied.

"I've been stumbling around these blasted woods for a few days now, and seeing you means I've found the path! I ran out of food this morning. I only have pokemon food left, and believe me when I say that it tastes terrible to me! I don't know how my pokemon enjoy it at all!" This gave Donald an idea.

"Well I've got some extra energy bars, and I'd be happy to trade a few for some pokemon food. I forgot to pick up some in Sunset and my pokemon is getting hungry."

The Hiker smiled. "A good old fashioned trade! I like it!" Donald and the hiker set about exchanging food, and both Nadir and the hiker ate. After about a bit of conversation, the hiker and Donald began to set about traveling in opposite directions.

"Say, before we part, would it be okay if we battled?" Donald asked. The hiker shrugged his shoulders.

"Sure. I don't battle much, but I'd be willing to oblige." His Mogel was already out. It stepped forward, while Nadir sent a bit of flame from its tail.

"Well all right then!" Donald said, excited for another challenge. "Nadir, start this match off with an Ember attack!"