+ Reply to Thread

Thread: STT's Tracks -VERSION 2-

Hybrid View

Administrator

Mistvale: For the most part great! There is a percussive chord that runs through the whole piece that sounds like clarinet or oboe or something? Could that be toned down a bit at the beginning? It sounds like robotic geese. Every other part is awesome though, and I do see that you tone it down further along the piece. But the aforementioned bit is a bit grating.

Neo Bay: Personally I would cut the maracas, or at least make them always the volume they are at in the B section. The speed of their beat makes the piece sound too urgent, which is stressful for the first town. In all other matters, great!

Saharan City: Once again, percussion can stand to be toned down, otherwise great.

Skobeloff Town: No complaints, I remember in previous versions you also had super percussive chords, no trace of them here. All is good and beautiful.

Mt. Frost: Bells a little over the top still, mainly because they are playing the same note over and over and over. Is that ralentando part of the original? I don't know if it's necessary. All else is good.

Mt. Mist: Yeah, I think this works. Early on the snare may be a bit too loud but it kind of works here because there is urgency to the story here.

Route 201: Great! Exactly how I'd imagine the beginning of an adventure would start.

Still No MIDI Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    Mistvale: For the most part great! There is a percussive chord that runs through the whole piece that sounds like clarinet or oboe or something? Could that be toned down a bit at the beginning? It sounds like robotic geese. Every other part is awesome though, and I do see that you tone it down further along the piece. But the aforementioned bit is a bit grating.
    That would be an erhu, which is the instrument I think Tori tried to emulate with trumpets in the MIDI recording. I can tone that down a bit, sure.

Neo Bay: Personally I would cut the maracas, or at least make them always the volume they are at in the B section. The speed of their beat makes the piece sound too urgent, which is stressful for the first town. In all other matters, great!
    I didn't really like the maraca samples anyway, I'll get on fixing that in a bit.

Saharan City: Once again, percussion can stand to be toned down, otherwise great.
    Already done, going to upload in a bit.

Skobeloff Town: No complaints, I remember in previous versions you also had super percussive chords, no trace of them here. All is good and beautiful.

In the tracks submitted in '10/'11, I knew a lot less about mixing than I do now, so that's always good to know I've improved.

Mt. Frost: Bells a little over the top still, mainly because they are playing the same note over and over and over. Is that ralentando part of the original? I don't know if it's necessary. All else is good.
    The added/changed instruments were these:

Added: Concert bass drum, Mahler hammers, slap sticks, 23" gong.
    Changed: Hats to anvils.

You might be hearing the anvils/hammers.

Mt. Mist: Yeah, I think this works. Early on the snare may be a bit too loud but it kind of works here because there is urgency to the story here.
    Woo!

Route 201: Great! Exactly how I'd imagine the beginning of an adventure would start.
    Sweet!

+ Reply to Thread