View Poll Results: Open a Topaz Text RPG?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 71.43%
  • No

4 28.57%

Thread: Should we host a Topaz Text RPG?

Threaded View

Administrator

Default Should we host a Topaz Text RPG?

Moved from contributor forum and non-important posts pruned. Discuss and vote.

Some info: the RPG would be on the bottom of the forums. This was a discussion that originated in the admin forum, which was elevated to the contributor forum and is now finally being brought to the members. I had to create a new thread to move this discussion onto since I couldn't edit a poll in.

It is suggested you read through and perhaps even debate a bit before voting but feel free to do so at any time. The poll is going to be public so I can weigh the votes according to activity (I'm not going to skew it excessively).

ImmunityBow and I were discussing my idea of having a text RPG here on the Topaz forums. There would be obvious benefits to this, such as boosted activity in areas other than the RPG and the very likely possibility of attracting people who could contribute quality material to Topaz.

IB expressed some concerns about souring things with Orange Islands but came up with the solution that he would PM Trainer X respectfully and state our idea. He also suggested that OI could keep Caldera/Kirant if they wish and run the RPG on there, their way. We would run ours which would be more involved and give the users a more specific Topaz adventure.

If he rejects that scenario in favor of having us run an exclusive RPG, I would be open to that but IB's idea works too. I've been going through vBulletin stuff, finding things we could use to facilitate the operation of the trpg, but I'm not done looking.

So far I've found a form creator, which would assist in RPG sign ups and other such things. I can also code various calculators for RPG Mods to use, provided someone comes up with the algebraic formula(s).

I'm sure there is a subforum manager that would make the massive number of subforums that are invariably required for a text rpg look nice and organized on the forum index. I believe I saw one in the past that organized them into columns, so that it wasn't just a long line list. I'm also pretty sure that I can set up profile fields for RPG information and facilitate adding their Pokemon to sig/profile information somewhere.

I was hoping that our very own ragingprimeape could head this project, along with help from his brother (assuming they are interested) since RP has the experience needed to lead a trpg. I can take care of all the technical stuff and help with recruits for staffing.

If anybody else is interested in the project, we certainly can have more than one RPG admin. So... let the discussion begin!
    Last edited by zeroality; 05-02-10 at 03:59 AM.