(I know about the new thread. Just wanted to make these counterpoints here.)

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
Night time caries with it a 10-20% (the exact number wasn't confirmed) accuracy decrease for all non-Dark or Light-type Pokemon. Harskrow, Wolvine and Cackinge all benefit immensely from Night. Raiger shores up basically everything in the team. This isn't quite like Abomasnow. Also there's Rocket Punch, which can be quite potent since most Pokemon go to high happiness in competitive. To be safe, most people would probably put their happiness at about half which would give Abyssus a 90 BP STAB. It also has an excellent special movepool with a relatively decent stat to use it with. Since Egg Moves for it haven't been done yet (which is where we generally shore up some competitive flaw or give some new direction to the movesets), and the Absol revamp hasn't been done yet (which would shore up even more), you can influence this as much as you like in the revamp.
The problem still stands for Abyssus only being useable on teams based around him. As for Rocket Punch, making the player put a move on Abyssus that only works well if it hates your guts goes completely against the Absol line's "Dark != Evil" nature, and even goes against what you to do to get Abyssus in the first place (max happiness at night). Add in how much easier it is to gain happiness than it is to lose it, and it loses its practicality.

Umbrage is a strong attack, and 90 Base Sp. Attack is pretty good, but it pales in comparison to 135 Base Attack, and the ability to basically turn that into 270 with a single Swords Dance. With that, even Bite is more worth using than Umbrage.

Absol is a born sweeper. It just wouldn't be right to take the ability to reliably do that away. ...Maybe a second ability would work toward that...

For Arachmare: I don't think ingame really counts as far as movesets go. Giving a midrange move when a Pokemon needs it, fine (Bug Bite's there, it's actually good enough for ingame), but if Gyarados can live on Thrash and Surf, surely Bug Bite is enough at least until it gets Hypnosis/Dream Eater. Arachmare doesn't really seem like the Pokemon to get Signal Beam by level up, and even then, only at levels 35+ (Where it gets Dream Eater). It's a night-time predator, it doesn't want to be flash around with beams. Dewgong has always had things like Aurora Beam, which makes the transition more natural, and Venomoth may as well be a Psychic-type, it shares so many moves with them and even learns Psybeam and Psychic naturally, I'm pretty sure.
For one, GF remedied the Gyarados problem in 4th Gen by giving it Aqua Tail at 35. For two, they couldn't reliably do that before 4th Gen, because before then all Water attacks were Special. Couldn't we at least make it a Tutor move, to make it easier to get than breeding for it?

Also, I'd just like to say that I appreciate having someone to argue with again, it's been a while. :3 I hope you stay for a long while, Zenith.
If by "argue with" you mean "intelligently debate with" then thanks.