+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FINAL PUSH!: 14 to Make, Many More to Edit

Hybrid View

エックス 抗体

Thanks~ c: I remade Kraklaw (to follow some of Quinn's old suggestions such as [turn the body around a bit] and I repositioned the claws to be less dodgy and stuff) and it comes with a new backsprite (not as detailed as the old one)

I tried to style it to fit in with the other Topaz sprites a bit more because every time I look at the Backsprite/Front sprite section in the repository it just stands out a lot as one of the two DPPtHGSS styled backsprites (this would be Kipporok, and it still blends in) The palette's a bit odd because I'm colourblind and can't make palettes for crud so feel free to change that (I tried to make the contrast between shades, saturation and stuff similar to Novoni's style but... didn't go too well)

I'm guessing it's better for me to stick most of my front/back sprites in this place and then put my icons into my old icon thread or just stick them here too. If I get 'Offtopic' then just boot me out of this thread and I'll probably reuse one of my older ones.
    Previously PapaLuLu27.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

Some of your links are now broken. They definitely weren't earlier today, so I'm going off of what I remember for Blitzfaust.

Blitzfaust: I had an issue with both front and back. The front was mostly to do with outlines that seemed a little jagged, but I didn't have time to look closely and see exactly why.
    The back seemed inorganic, especially the wings on the head. When the images go back up, I can edit them if you want me to, as I realize I'm not being very specific right now.

Kraklaw: i agree with the above: it seems a little too gelatinous (THERE'S a word I never thought I could use in conversation) and easy to squish.

Ferrain: The sprite feels really contained, like he has the shield and lance clutched really close to him. That was the issue that I had with the sheild in my attempt, so I'm not sure how you could go about fixing that bit. Quinn might be on the right track with raising the lance a little, though. It may help.

Zantilidae: I really like the head, but there is something about the body that feels awkward. Still overall better than mine, but I'll try and figure what's wrong with it on a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Antibody View Post
    The palette's a bit odd because I'm colourblind
    That makes two of us. That's right Topaz, none of your artists can see colours properly. We are LEGIT!

エックス 抗体

Quote Originally Posted by Reliability View Post
    Some of your links are now broken. They definitely weren't earlier today, so I'm going off of what I remember for Blitzfaust.
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Antibody View Post
    EDIT: Moved all my files to a Photobucket album;
    http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/g...aLuLu27/Topaz/
    Pass for private album is "X-AntibodysTopazAlbum"
    Everything I've done for Topaz over the years should be there (except for a few- that would be when I started using tinypic instead)
    That fixes it for you and Tyrannigon64.
    But for you who does not like scrolling through Photobucket albums;

Blitzfaust: I had an issue with both front and back. The front was mostly to do with outlines that seemed a little jagged, but I didn't have time to look closely and see exactly why.
    The back seemed inorganic, especially the wings on the head. When the images go back up, I can edit them if you want me to, as I realize I'm not being very specific right now.

I'm not too hyped about the wings either, so I'll try and fix those too.
    Kraklaw: i agree with the above: it seems a little too gelatinous (THERE'S a word I never thought I could use in conversation) and easy to squish.
    Welp. I'll try and make it more hardcore bamf later, I'll focus on getting the backs finalised first since it's easier.
    Ferrain: The sprite feels really contained, like he has the shield and lance clutched really close to him. That was the issue that I had with the sheild in my attempt, so I'm not sure how you could go about fixing that bit. Quinn might be on the right track with raising the lance a little, though. It may help.

Zantilidae: I really like the head, but there is something about the body that feels awkward. Still overall better than mine, but I'll try and figure what's wrong with it on a later date.

Well there's less body to feel awkward about since I fattened up the tail when I saw the Gen 4 Zangoose's tail.
    That makes two of us. That's right Topaz, none of your artists can see colours properly. We are LEGIT!
    That actually feels pretty epic. I still hate palettes though.

EDIT:
    @ Tyrannigon64 [forgot to quote you]
    Kraklaw: Yeah, I'll do my best to make him tough and kickbutt.
    Zantilidae: Essentially... I resprited the whole thing. From scratch.
    Ferrian: See above and re-comment about what still seems dodgy.
    Previously PapaLuLu27.

+ Reply to Thread