We're not using any of the 4th gen moves. In my opinion, the 4th gen moves are among some of the most poorly designed, based on giving every type everything and entirely rushed with respect to trying to get the Physical/Special Split through. Also, they'd represent a lot more work for us to do, and a possibly much stronger competitive metagame than was in Topaz's vision.

Yeah, the storyline is currently getting a revamp. Due to how Caldera/Kirant is made, making the tons of storyline between gyms 5 and 6 may be inevitable, but hopefully the newer script could incorporate some of those events afterwards to make the leveling curve a little less drastic. The level differences I decided to give up on for precisely that reason. I was thinking that perhaps a second demo might be necessary for that one, so that we can see what levels people got up to and change them accordingly.

Dolphure's moveset, in my opinion, is a very tricky one. The best moveset I could find for it is using Serenade to prevent contact moves (most Physical moves) and then Mirror Coat to reflect back any special moves. And early on it's not very sweeper-based at all. Water Pulse is used more often than not for confusion, at least competitively. Supersonic and Water Sport are very support-oriented moves. In the end its base stats are sort of reminiscent of Lugia's: Mainly to soak up damage (85/90/100 yes please!), surprisingly high speed (98 is unfortunate but still considered high), and can attack when needed. As for HMs on movesets, I believe Rayquaza got Fly when you got him, and almost everyone had a Rayquaza. It's not unprecedented.