) 17704, 'The Herb Shop is likely going to be in Icthyes City, as Herbs = Pokemon dislike you and the Rocket Base is disguised as a the Herb Shop. Here’s a bit more background: The citizens of Roothaven sustain themselves on the Great Tree’s berries and clean water pools formed by its roots. Because of this wholesome food, the citizens rarely ever get sick. Fernando’s family tree has roots in Roothaven as far back as the first tribe who took refuge in the area. Fernando lives almost as a monk: his clothes are a simple leaf skirt and crown, and his spends almost all his training his Pokémon to near-exhaustion. His almost psychic connection to Grass-typed Pokémon, which he commands to incapacitate his opponents with status ailments followed by strong physical Cherry Bombs. Roothaven Labyrinth is one of the two large centrepiece buildings in Roothaven, the other being Fernando’s gym. Here there are events held by the Mazemaster. The events are wildly popular with Roothaven residents, and some of them participate over and over again, challenging other trainers along the way. Also on OI there’s a sidequest in Roothave where there’s a Poison saboteur who’s been poisoning the food and water, and causing everyone to get sick. We could probably integrate that into the game itself.
) 17712, 'Okay, well scratch those then, I’ll redo the herb shop when I do Icthyes. NPC 22: The residents of the city take protect the great tree from harm, and in return, we eat the fruit that grows on it. It’s a relationship that has been working for many years. NPC 23: Ever since I moved here, I’ve never been sick, and I’ve grown 2 inches taller! There must be something in the water! SIGN: Roothaven Labyrinth: Enter the never-ending maze! NPC 24: Everyone comes here to partake in the maze challenges! It’s a fun pastime fo rthe villagers. NPC 25: I wonder who the Mazemaster is? I’ve heard it’s someone who lives in the city. NPC 26: The Mazemaster puts on events periodically. You never know when the next one will be! Is this going to be like a battle frontier place or something?
) 17713, 'That was the original plan but I think we’ll be reworking it into something more like the Trick House in RSE.
) 17718, 'What place should I do next? It dosen’t matter to me.
) 17719, 'What about Mistvale? All of the World of Topaz material is up for it already, and there’s a map, but Fangking says he’s remaking that because of the Battle Frontier stuff that he doesn’t necessarily want to reuse. (We might be getting some new tilesets) The Fighting Dojo is a place attended weekly by nearly every resident of Mistvale City. Here, residents train themselves in self defense, and train their Fighting-type Pokémon together. There are three people, however, who attend pretty much daily! They’ve been itching for a traveling trainer to pass by so they can test their skills! A palace rich with history and legend, the Su Chi Mu Palace was once home to the rulers of Mistvale City. Now abandoned, it’s sole inhabitant is a young lady responsible for the maintenance of the palace as part of Mistvale City’s heritage. Rumours everywhere fly about that you can hear crying from the palace at night. Note that the Su Chi Mu Palace is the Mt. Frost Secret Room sidequest... and I haven’t figured out exactly what’s going to happen for that yet. I actually need some ideas so if you think you can help out... well, you’ll see in the next SoT.
) 17725, 'Mistvale it is: SIGN: Mistvale City: Land of rich heritages. NPC 1: This city is home to the original ninja clans. There records date back nearly 600 years! NPC 2: There are many odd legends associated with this area. The heritage of the poisonous ninjas sure is fascinating! (Koffing: googan!) NPC 3: Every resident visits the fighting dojo, even the elderly and very young. The people here are very disciplined. NPC 4: From a very young age, I was taught martial arts at the fighting dojo. Self-defense is a pillar of our society. NPC 5: My husband and I have been studying Jiu Jitsu for 20 years. We’re confident in our abilities. NPC 6: Everyone here either trains fighting or poison type pokemon. I got kicked out of the house because I want to train flying types... (Grific: Krreww!) SIGN: Su Chi Mu Palace: A portal to the ancient world. NPC 7: Hi! your the first person who has been here in a while! I am the caretaker of the palace. This was where the ninja masters of Mistvale lived in the ancient past. It is said that the rulers had a great secret, but no one has ever figured it out. Feel free to look around! (My idea was that there would be a large symbol in the back of the palace with pieces missing from it. You would have to find the pieces hidden in various areas of the game. When you brought them all back and completed the symbol, a ghost would appear, which could explain the crying, and it would either talk to you, or their could be a battle against the dead ninja master’s pokemon. Upon defeat, it would grant you the secret to Mount Frost.) NPC 8: I’ve heard wierd sounds coming from the palace during the night. It sounds like crying, but the palace is locked up tight at night... NPC 9: Going to challenge Hanzo? Be careful, he may be old, but his power is real! NPC 10: There are some guys at the fighting dojo looking for a challenging fight. If you’ve got the time, you should head over there. SIGN: Fighting Dojo NPC 11: Yay! It’s almost time for Tai Kwon Do class! NPC 12: Look at the three guys over there. They look pretty tough! NPC 13: Are you here for lessons? Oh wait, sorry, but you must be a resident of Mistvale to partake. Houses: NPC 14: Our Gym Leader Hanzo’s skills are amazing! Koga and Janine, a legendary father and daughter pairing of ninjas trained under his teachings. NPC 15: The food we cook here is culturally based. Oops, the miso soup is boiling! NPC 16: Not miso soup again... I want a pizza... NPC 17: Our city has the most well-behaved children. It’s due to the fact that we discipline them at an early age and give them chores so they learn responsibility. NPC 18: Almost done sweeping, ma! NPC 19: I hear there’s trouble up at Mt. Mist. Apparently Team Rocket has disturbed the Whismur. (After: Everything’s fine up at Mt. Mist now!) NPC 20: If you think poison is back, try getting badly poisoned! The damage you take increases as the battle goes along! On a side note, I will be out of town until late Sunday night, so I wont be able to post for those couple of days, but I’ll be back!
) 17726, 'Looking good, but my idea for the Su Chi Mu Palace was this: As you approach the young lady, she explains why she cries: There is a legend that still clings to this palace like the fog that clings to Mistvale City. The last princess of the Su Chi Mu Palace was a beautiful girl, who was fully of energy and adventurous. One day, a strong knight came and stole her heart, and she fell so deeply in love with the knight that they decided to run away. They journeyed all over Caldera and Kirant, the knight protecting the princess from all aggressors that dared cross their path. A while after, the princess, feeling tired, decided that she wanted to settle down in a small town and lead a simple farming life, raising children. The knight complied, but soon his restless spirit made him long again for the journeying life. The princess refused, as she was pregnant and did not want to have the baby while travelling. Every week the knight became more restless, and soon he turned to drinking and became abusive. When the princess died during childbirth, the knight went insane and slaughtered everyone in the village. He then commit suicide, leaving the baby to fend for himself. The young lady, sobbing, continues: The story is so sad, I can’t help but cry every time I think of it! Every time I look at the walls of this great palace, I cannot help but think of this legend and cry. But I need this job, so I won’t quit. Please help me find some consolation: find what happened to the baby, what he has become. The thing is that it’s perhaps a bit too mature-content?
) 17727, 'Yeah, It’s a good story, but you might want to change the wording a little. It will make it more friendly to younger gamers.
) 17728, 'I tried to make it a bit better. ...The princess refused, as she was pregnant and did not want to have the baby while travelling. The kight became restless. When the princess died during childbirth, the knight’s heart was broken. The doors to the castle were closed and when people finally went to see what was wrong, everyone had dissapeared*. Only the princess’s child remained. *can be switched for had died or even had been murdered if we really need to have death as an element in the story.
) 17730, 'This sounds like a cool sidequest to me.
) 17732, 'It wouldn’t be a castle... because the princess and the knight had long since left the castle and wouldn’t be able to return considering how abruptly they left the royal family. Quote A while after, the princess, feeling tired, decided that she wanted to settle down in a small town and lead a simple farming life, raising children. </td> </tr> </table></div>Disappeared could work, though I have a feeling that there is a better euphemism.
) 17763, 'I got back a bit earlier than we expected, so I guess Hollowlog is the next logical progression, since the OI stuff is probably up for it.