+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Excellent new concept art

Administrator

Default Excellent new concept art

Thanks to a new artist, who has provided us with 6 excellent pieces of art, our <a href="http://www.pokemontopaz.net/art">Concept Art</a> page is bustling! I had to add a new row and an additional table because HavocWraith's 6 pieces were also joined by 3 others. Reliability provided two and X-Antibody chipped in with his own piece.

Without further ado, here are the new pieces of concept art:

Full size (large)

Full size (large)

And a first for Pokemon Topaz, concept art of a RSE Pokemon that will appear in Topaz!

AWEsome!!! oh, I have made come changes to Echiose, I'm not sure if I like the nose all that much but it was worth a try.

Also, I can leave off the shadow if it makes it easier.

the Dragon Master

Tyranitar's GSC generation not RSE but other wise they all look awesome!!!
    Xbox: Y2K Virus
    PSN: Ryu-Tenno
    DeviantArt: LordStephen

What do you mean GSC and RSE? Is that the art style or something like that? what's the difference?

Thats what she said

Its the generation. GSC is Gold, Silver, & Crystal but RSE is Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Administrator

Tyranitar isn't appearing in Topaz, though it's an excellent concept all the same! (Also Jirachi is an RSE Pokemon appearing in Topaz)

Oh, ok, thanks!

So what do you guys think of Echiose?

Administrator

I think it looks better now!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    Tyranitar's GSC generation not RSE but other wise they all look awesome!!!
    When I was referring to him as an RSE Pokemon, I meant part of the 386 in the national dex but I guess I should reword that.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    Tyranitar isn't appearing in Topaz, though it's an excellent concept all the same! (Also Jirachi is an RSE Pokemon appearing in Topaz)
    I thought we were releasing all the original 386 Pokemon eventually, via patch? And you're right, Jirachi needs to be moved but I'll wait on confirmation from you about Tyranitar. (Edit: Nevermind, saw your post.)

Quote Originally Posted by HavocWraith View Post
    Oh, ok, thanks!

So what do you guys think of Echiose?
    I think both versions look good, I'm gonna keep the old one up and add the new. As for shadows, yours aren't hard to crop around or edit out so you can leave them in if you want.

Backgrounds are problematic to work around if I wanted to use the art somewhere on the site, so if you could make two versions of any art you do with backgrounds: one with and one without. The backgrounded one will be the one that appears on the concept art page and the one without the background will be for my own editing purposes. Hope that's not too much trouble.

I only did a background for Tyrant cause I was freestyling. I hadn't even heard of topaz at the time. everything in my gallery, on DA, except topaz pokemon were draw for the fun of it.

Administrator

I finally got around to updating the concept art page. The works added were:

Traplent, Celsinge, and Unicrown by HavocWraith.

Tundrolf by Reliablity.

Pyroon by DracoNyon.
    (click for full size, too large to post)

And a first for the concept art page - an update to an existing piece of art!

Echoise by HavocWraith.

After seeing that the only change to Echoise was the mouth and chin, I decided to update the old rather than add it as new art.

Some of you may be pleased to know that the 'RSE Pokemon Art' has been moved to its own page, RSE Concept Art. I thought about moving Jirachi over there but decided that the Concept Art page will be for the original 200 Topaz Pokemon and the RSE page will be for all other Pokemon.

I know it looks bare but I'm hoping that will change.

I also configured the lightbox so that you can navigate from within the lightbox instead of clicking each image manually but it appears that the default lightbox setup for navigating really sucks. I saw a sweet setup being used on my friend's site so I'll ask him if I can grab it for us to use.

Edit: We also have new Seraph, Duval and Grific art but the latter two are going to be updated by their artists. Not sure what's going on with Seraph but I'll find out.

Oh, on the concept art pages it says that x-anitbody did the celsinge, if you could change that please.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

And Tundrolf is not oykawoo. Nice try though. ;P

Administrator

Ugh! I'm really sorry about that. What happened is that I copy/paste the previous table cell when adding a new one and I must have forgotten to change the artist names on these two.

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll be sure it doesn't happen again.

BTW, My internet is down, Quinn is going to post my most recent complete concept art. I can't do it from school and school at the moment is the only way I can get on the site.

I finished pokedex numbers 9-16 with the exceptions of #7 and #12. #7 is already posted, and 12, I just started. I want him to be awesome!
    Last edited by HavocWraith; 05-11-10 at 05:41 PM. Reason: forgot some stuffes

+ Reply to Thread