) 17765, 'There’s a lot of stuff for Hollowlog, I don’t even think I’ve done all of it in OI: Once the famed Battle Pike of the Caldera/Kirant League, since the Battle Frontier was closed due to budget restraints, Hollowlog City has turned this building into an aquarium with fishing contests. Since then, Hollowlog City has received even more tourism than it had when it was the simple Battle Pike. ... of course Fangking Omega decided afterwards that he thought using Battle Frontier buildings for other purposes was decidedly unprofessional, so it won’t be the Battle Pike. It’ll probably just be some kind of pier. ... Then I realized that I’ve written a lot of stuff about Eastlog and Westlog on OI, but not much about Hollowlog proper. I’m going to write the World of Topaz article tomorrow or sometime soon. Maybe then I can give you some more info. Sorry!
) 17770, 'Not a big deal. School starts tomorrow though, so is there another place I could do before my time to get on goes down a lot? (I’ll still come on pretty much every day though.)
) 17772, 'I don’t think any of the early cities have enough in-house dialogue.
) 17774, 'It dosen’t look like sunset village has been done yet so; SIGN: Sunset Village: A weary adventurer’s respite NPC 1: Sunset Village is a great place to retire. There’s not too much going on. NPC 2: This pokemart has sales every so often. They sell some different pokeballs here. Pokemart: NPC 3: Escape ropes will return you to the entrance of a cave. Use them if you get in over your head, dear. Houses: NPC 4 (RSE Mom): Just starting your adventure with pokemon? Our son was just like you when he was your age... NPC 5 (Norman): My wife and I used to live in Johto, and then we moved to Hoenn. Now, we’ve ended up here. NPC 6 (Blaine): My pokemon and I used to incinerate all challengers! Now, my grandson Froy has that job! (Ninetales: Kiwoon!) NPC 7 (FR/LG Mom): I’ve lived a long, happy life. It’s been wonderful watching our son grow up and start his own family. NPC 8 (FR/LG Dad): Our son was the greatest pokemon trainer alive, that is, until he settled down. NPC 9: My job is to assist the residents in their daily lives. It makes me feel good to care for these people. NPC 10: Many folks here were once great pokemon trainers! Time has taken its toll on them... Pokemon Center: NPC 11: I didn’t even know this place existed until a few days ago! I noticed it on a map, and I decided to check it out. Alright, I hope these help.
) 17776, 'Okay. I never really did know what Neon meant about the faces feeling familiar XD
) 17781, 'The map says that the parents from those two games live there, plus blaine looks fairly old even in those games, so I thought he could fit well.
) 18602, 'They give the surfer character a distinct personality, which is good for a trainer type like them.
) 18605, 'cool, glad you like them!
) 18705, 'More people at Orange Treecko Bar and Grill: Man at table for four: That was delicious, what’s for dessert honey? Woman next to Man: On Cellphone: Yes, the merger will go through, what in the world could go wrong? Off Cellphone: Honey, we’re getting the most expensive dessert here, with my pay I have money to burn. Teenage Girl across from Man: On Cellphone: So like, he said that.... oh, hold on. Off Cellphone: What do you want, can’t you see I’m on the phone. Back on Cellphone: So like I was saying..... At the Bar: Man: Ahhhhh.... they have the best drinks here. Man next to him: You know, you remind me of my son/daughter, only they would never leave this city. Man next to him: *Hic* I think I had one *hic* too many *hic* Man next to him: Zzzzzzz...ZZzzzz...Zzzzzz... Man next to him: Ha, Ha, Ha. The landlubber had one too many he did, now he’s sleeping in his [insert name of dish here]. Woman next to him: Ahhhhh.... Get me another Bartender, by the way, you look really handsome. Bartender: This is why I don’t like when women get drinks here, they always hit on me. Old Woman Next to Bartender: I’m his mother. I still can’t believe he doesn’t take these women seriously, date one and move out finally! I got bored, began thinking about the resturant and thought of these lines.
) 18710, , 'lol, these look great to me! though, for the first man next to him, instead of only they would never leave this city, how about though they’ve never left this city?
) 18717, , 'Perhaps someone in the corner of the bar could be an old sailor who tells the story of the Sunken Ship Plot, and later, the Typhinda/Kipporok plot. Man near bar: That old guy over there will tell you some crazy stories about pirates if you’re willing to listen. That’s what happens when you see the world through the bottom end of a whiskey bottle... Old Salt: Hey there sonny! If’n you’ve got the time, I can spin you a tale of courage and dispair on the high seas! It goes like this... There was a dastardly pirate long ago named Captain Barnacle. He and his pirate crew terrorized the high seas for many years, and they stole much loot from anyone they could find. But the good captain was a brash and arrogant man, and one day he stopped praying to the lord of the oceans, beliving that he didn’t need it’s protection. When he and his crew were out trying to capture the valuable Goldrake, one of the ocean lord’s powerful minions appeared and sank Captain Barnacle’s boat. They say the same beast still guards the haunted sunken ship, where Barnacle and his now ghostly crew are surrounded by Goldrake that they can’t capture! Well, that’s it lad. Don’t go runnin’ off to the ship just because of what I told ye here though! After visiting Sunken Ship: Ah, if it isn’t the laddie that I told that old story to. Of course you went to the ship after hearin’ me tale. Everyone I tell it to does, but most never come back! After visiting Sunken Ship and Starlight Cave: Welcome back laddie! I can tell you the rest of the tale If’n you’ve got the time. It goes like this... After the lord of the oceans’ minion sank Barnacle’s ship, it angered the pokemon in charge of calming it down. This pokemon was called Kipporok, and it was much less prone to outbursts of anger. It was appalled by the destruction of the good captains’ ship, and so it used it’s power to seal the exit to the ocean lord’s domain, so that it could not escape and cause more havoc, nor send any more minons to do his bidding for him. However, the ocean lord grew even more angry, and it’s fury could not be contained for long. As we speak, there is a massive whirlpool raging near Aquapolis city. I wonder what’s happenin’ there? Uh yeah, so we were thinking that the sailors would not speak of Typhinda by name, since they were afraid of it’s wrath, which explains the lord of the oceans thing.
) 18719, 'I can see a bunch of sailors quivering in fear at the mention of Typhidna. It looks pretty good, though I think early on the player should be given the choice whether to listen to the story or not. Otherwise a simple accidental hitting of z will send people off for a good minute or so.
) 18720, 'Yeah, that’s a good idea to reduce annoyance levels. But if they talk to him again and hit yes again it’s their own fault.
) 18725, 'wow, those look really good to me
) 18925, 'Well, back to Topaz I guess... finally got my workload whittled down to a minimum. Hikers (Preferable to have this one just outside one of the larger cities) Intro: Ah, good! I have my next bit of action planned out now! Defeat: This was a road too dangerous to traverse... After Battle: No city should be too large for a man to walk out of in a morning. (This one possibly on an elevated pathway?) Intro: I’ll take the high road and you take the low road... Defeat: I guess my way was the only option there ever was. After Battle: It’s better exercise to walk along sloped ground. Intro: I’ve just hit my stride! Come run your team by me! Defeat: Ooh, cramp, ow... After battle: I’m limping, but that’s still walking! Intro: Bwahaha! This crisp, fresh air makes me feel invincible! Defeat: *Cough, hack, wheeze*... After Battle: I think I’m allergic to something around here... *sniff* Always around for more fodder- and hopefully I’ll throw in a hiker sprite to go with these later if I can find the time to.
) 18941, 'Some guy around Portwind or Icthyes: Encounter: Hey, which way is Chartree Forest from here? Defeat: Oh no, that’s not good. Talk Again: I had my map upside down the whole time!
) 18951, 'Fodder’s what I do best :F Thinking of some lines for gamblers- I don’t know where they’d fit in, outside of Icthyes or Colossus, depending on where the game corner is, but I guess they could be littered in diners or wherever.
) 18953, 'Got another line/easter egg: Some random person on a route: My EQUILL is strong, but it’s not very very good at dodging. C’mon EQUILL, do a barrel roll!
) 18955, 'lol, Peppy quote...
) 18967, 'okay good, as long as some people get it, its totally worth it.
) 18980, 'lol
) 19006, 'wow i leave for a while and come back for 3 more pages of quotes... that is funny for the last npc line posted... out of the ones i’ve seen so far all look pretty good but i’ve got 3 pages to look at completely.... and i cant see anything past the glubing for the divers... course i figure some could just say ... when u meet them cause not everyone would want to battle with you...
) 19669, 'I’m hoping this isn’t bumping an old topic, but I want to post something to keep this alive. You know how Colossus City completely abandons the pokemon concept of an eco-friendly city? Well, I was thinking that we could have a person or trainer who breaks the fourth wall near Colossus and say something like: Person/Trainer: The creator of Pokemon envisioned eco-friendly cities and towns. Just look at this. If Trainer(After he loses): I lost because I was distracted by Colossus. If Trainer(Talk to him later): What an abandonment of traditional pokemon concepts. Well, I guess that’s a fan game for you.