+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IR's Music Corner

Resident Composer

Default IR's Music Corner

Dearest Friends,
    Since it seemed to be a big hit before, I've brought back my luxurious IR's Music Corner!

Click HERE to access my folder of music.

This is original music outside of the Pokemon Topaz Soundtrack. You will also hear some arrangements of various video game music in here. The electronic music was made using FL Studio. You can try out the demo HERE. My instrumental music was composed using Sibelius. You can try out the demo HERE. The FL Studio folders are works that are done by both my friend, Zack Fenner, and me. I have his permission to post these co-owned pieces of music.

I do hope you enjoy your stay in my Music Corner. I urge you to comment on my works - I love any type of feedback. ;p

Happy Listening!
    - IR

P.S. For those of you who study music, please contact me and I will try to support your musical growth. Normally there is a fee for the sheet music of my musical compositions, but as long as you need help with studying or want to make yourself familiar with neotonal sounds, I can provide you some sheet music of my compositions to analyze and learn from.
    Last edited by Irot_Rebod; 01-26-10 at 12:53 AM.
    Haven't checked out the Pokemon Topaz Soundtrack? Click HERE!

Like my music and still want to hear more? Check out my compositions at IR's Music Corner!

Resident Composer

... -_-'

This is slightly embarrassing... I've posted this in the wrong section. If a mod could please move this over to Cafe Topaz, it'd be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I've added three new compositions to the Instrumental Folder titled Akademik Suite, Invention #2, and Train Theme.
    Akademik Suite was composed by my friend and was made for an RPG we are designing. Train Theme is also being used in that same RPG, but was composed by me.
    Invention #2 is composed similarly to the style of my Abandoned Playground (oh yeah, delicious neotonal goodness) so please enjoy! ;D

- IR
    Last edited by Irot_Rebod; 01-26-10 at 12:54 AM.

Like my music and still want to hear more? Check out my compositions at IR's Music Corner!

Resident Composer

Hate to triple post, but...

- UPDATE -
    Added "Alleluia" to the Instrumental Folder. This was an exercise in my composition course this past week in which we worked with choral settings. I'm not a huge fan of it, but that may be because I don't like writing for choir. XP
    Please forgive the terrible Choir Ahh synth... I hate it with a passion.

Remember, always looking for C+C! And of course...

Happy Listening!
    - IR

uh-ohs

I listened to phantasmagoria. Liked it a lot I'll try to listen to the others after school tommorow.

aut vincere aut mori

Listening to Abandoned Playground as we speak. A bit creepy, but quite good.

Resident Composer

Not a piece for the Topaz Soundtrack, but at least I'm staying busy. :P

- UPDATE -
    Added First Descent - Malevolence's Halt.
    This is a piece written for full orchestra by a friend and, of course, yours truly. It's the second movement to a series of four, I hope to have the other three done soon so you may all enjoy.
    These four pieces together represent a journey from the surface down into an abyssal tower that was created to lock away a creature of the apocalypse. The four movements are:
    1: Scratching the Surface - The Womb
    2: First Descent - Malevolence's Halt
    3: Second Descent - Hellfire's Embrace
    4: Requiem Distorted - The Sovereign's Genesis

Again, I hope to have these other three done soon. This has been a project in the making for the past few years, and I think I can safely say that this piece of music you are about to listen to is the pinnacle of my composition skills thus far.

Happy Listening!
    - IR

Administrator

I like how your music always tells some kind of story, and you've always got some nice dissonances stuck around. And is it meant to loop? Because it does and I was expecting that it wouldn't since it's the second movement and would flow into the next, no?

Resident Composer

Good observation. As of right now you can either repeat as desired, or segue directly into the next piece which drops down a half step in key. In fact, each of the movements will be written in a similar manner. Glad you enjoy the stories and dissonances!

Secret Agent

I have terrible speakers (over 10 years old, I believe), so I don't really listen to the music here, but I was bored today so I tried this, and it was AWESOME! I was trying to study at the time too, though, so it kind of distracted me from that because I could imagine exactly what would be happining in this journey. I liked the dramatic change in tone(?) at some points, and I think that the choices of instruments were perfect. And I don't really listen to alot of music, so I have little idea what I am saying, but basically, it is good. Very good.

Resident Composer

/necromancy
    *insert maniacal laughter*

Erm... I bring tidings in the form of music!
    - UPDATE -
    Added Dreadful Battle - vs Marilith/Rubicante (for diehard fans who want all the repeats)
    Added Dreadful Battle - vs Marilith/Rubicante (Reduction) (for those who just want one iteration of repeats)
    My previously posted song, First Descent - Malevolence's Halt, will be getting a better recording soon to match the new ones.

NERD ALERT!
    I composed this rehash of the FFIV Dreadful Battle theme for my D&D campaign that I'm currently DMing. As stated in the song title, it is for the background atmosphere during their upcoming encounter with Marilith, the guardian of the fire crystal in my campaign.
    I think I've given a very nice new flavor to this classic Final Fantasy battle theme. You'll hear the classic motives morphed to fit my tastes. You'll also hear original motives which will find their place in other songs in this soundtrack (ex: the epic 'heroes of light' theme that soars out of the texture). Please let me know what you all think! Honestly there's too much going on for me to quickly put an analysis for y'all. XD

First Descent - Malevolence's Halt has coincidentally found a spot in my soundtrack for the campaign as well. Keep an eye out for a thread where I keep a log of what is happening in my campaign world, which my PCs have dubbed "Final Fantasy: Axiom".

Happy Listening!
    - IR

Still No MIDI Keyboard

O_O I didn't know you DMed, IR. I'll download that soon.

Administrator

I downloaded the full version (because I'm a diehard fan) and it's pretty good. The drums sound a bit strange at times (during the (snare?) solo), and sometimes the (organ?) cuts in at inopportune moments though.

Resident Composer

Yes, I'm a bigger nerd than one may at first guess... ^^'

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    I downloaded the full version (because I'm a diehard fan) and it's pretty good. The drums sound a bit strange at times (during the (snare?) solo), and sometimes the (organ?) cuts in at inopportune moments though.
    You would. XD Thanks, IB.

Yeah, I'm not completely happy with the snare solo, it's not accenting the notes I told it to during playback. I plan on fixing when I can figure out a way to make my soundset more responsive.

There isn't an organ in this track, so I'm assuming you either are referring to the low motive during the quiet parts or the muted trumpet dissonances that randomly cut in. I'll wait to see if I'm correct.

Glad you are enjoying the piece, though!

Administrator

Probably the trumpet. It's pretty loud though.

Resident Composer

Like at 1:56 and 3:03? If so that's muted trumpet (straight mute, so I could retain some volume... it was more the harsh timbre I was going for) and strings (both arco and pizzicato).

My intention was to scare the listener and break up the monotony of the original track (not that Uematsu's compositions are monotonous), but I figured with an entire orchestral ensemble at my disposal I should do more than what he did with his 16-bit synthesizers. XD

Administrator

Nope, it's not that. It's at 3:36.

Resident Composer

Ohhh... the 5-plet augmented flat 5 chord. Yes, that's also trumpet (no mute, lol) and strings. My speakers are bass heavy, so to me it's not as jarring as it may be on other speakers. I'm going to go test this out on my television speakers. XD

Resident Composer

- UPDATE -
    Full Versions (See previous update)
    Another Step Toward Greatness
    The Four Crystals
    Winds of Rest

Reductions (See previous update)
    Another Step Toward Greatness (Reduction)
    The Four Crystals (Reduction)
    Winds of Rest (Reduction)

Another Step Toward Greatness is the music to be played in the background for when my PCs level up in my campaign, Final Fantasy: Axiom.
    Yes, that's the Final Fantasy Victory Fanfare in there... relish it. I also added the Warriors of Light Melody into the fanfare because it happened to fit in. Hope you enjoy the pizzicato string ensemble for the secondary theme.

The Four Crystals is the theme for the four crystals of the elements in my campaign, Final Fantasy: Axiom.
    I sure did use the Final Fantasy Main Theme... it's fitting, isn't it? It's shimmery, like crystals, and evokes an air of mystery that I love.

Winds of Rest is the music to be played in the background for when my PCs take any type of extended rest in my campaign, Final Fantasy: Axiom.
    You'll find the Four Crystals theme along with the same harmonic idea of Dreadful Battle in the secondary theme here. Enjoy!

Happy Listening!
    - IR
    Last edited by Irot_Rebod; 03-30-11 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Added brief descriptions.

Resident Composer

I edited in some basic descriptions for the previous three pieces. I'll post updates as new posts, though.

- UPDATE -
    Full Version
    Ba'alzeht

Reduction
    Ba'alzeht (Reduction)

Ba'alzeht is the name of a city in my campaign, Final Fantasy: Axiom.
    This flying city is a leader in airship technology. Hopefully that is easy to notice by the atmosphere of this track. Hope you enjoy it!

Happy Listening!
    - IR

Administrator

I downloaded The Four Crystals. It does seem very immersive and it's cool how you took the very recognizable main Final Fantasy theme yet managed to build so much up around it so the piece doesn't sound rehashed.

+ Reply to Thread