+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: topaz title screen

Thats what she said

k, but a couple quick things...what do u mean with the fade in rather than the gradiant? (Zero) also I WOULD LOVE THAT TIME THING. Now also though...how with most games, the screen fades out after the song. Well since I might not be able to time that ending just rignt...should I just do a fade out from where it is one the repeat? or what?
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Administrator

The transparency change as opposed to the moving color gradient is what I meant.

Actually the screen doesn't fade out at all. It stays up until you press start just like in the official games, so make your animation as you would, normally, and we will repeat the necessary frames to maintain it throughout.

One more thing, your sig is way too big (filesize). Read Rule #7.

Thats what she said

I know they stay the same after u push start...but when it resets after the song, and goes back to starting the ACTUAL intro (not the title intro) it fades. U know what I'm talkin bout?
    K I just read ur song thing. I already made one though, so if u like it GREAT!!!! (THANK GOD!!!!) if not...Ill re-do. Now I'm just wondering, would any of u 2 like to give a shot at the title intro. If so, I want dibs on the actual title with the twinkles though lol. I am just having a tough time with timing it just right to the songs intro... If either of u do, pm me ur email so I can send ya the psd. If u dont, I'll keep at it. But all together, their has to be at least one soon out of these that will suit (cause I'm kinda gettin tired of the intro lol.) Also I was playing bejeweld 2 last night,PERFECT EFFECTS FOR WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR! The down side is I can't get it though... But after I saw it, I got the idea of "twinkle time" and gave some nice space between the twinkles..
    so look at my awesomness lol. If u like an older one though, just say. They are all saved on my photobucket.
    New title screen

New intro

Title End (new Idea) It adds a difference to the end. If we use it though...it will need to be faded at the end to black.

The video. (now with music!!!!)
    Last edited by Quinn; 03-11-10 at 04:37 AM.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Resident Composer

Y'know, I actually like the synchronization you have now. My only gripe is that the animation starts just a hair before the music does. Nice job!
    Haven't checked out the Pokemon Topaz Soundtrack? Click HERE!

Like my music and still want to hear more? Check out my compositions at IR's Music Corner!

Administrator

That's good, send me the gif(s) and the psd(s). Thanks.

Thats what she said

wait, is that gonna be the final or do u want them to work with?

Administrator

Yeah I am gonna work with them a bit, you did most of it though.

Thats what she said

I'm breaking rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroality View Post
    Quinn, hold off on the title screen until we get the art. You're already doing a lot right now anyway.
    I didn't read this until now...so yah. wont we need this for the demo?!?!?
    I learned how to "metalify".
    PS. dont mind the jumping stars on 4,5, and 6

Overworlder (I think)

Quinn, how are you gonna fit the big fat jirachi art into that tiny screen?
    http://www.pokemontopaz.net/ TOPAZ, AND PROUD OF IT!

http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/s...-Guy-s-Profile - My TRPG profile

Thats what she said

wheres are art? I'll make it work, whatever it is....though I haven't seen it yet.

Thats what she said

quinn uses revive...

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon essentials notes
    The game's title screen can be changed by replacing the files Pic_1.png , Pic_2.png , and Start.png . Each of these files is found in the directory Graphics/Titles. The files can be animated GIF files (with the same filename and extension).
    animated gifs can be used. So, for the demo, should I just throw the BETA on it, fix the jumping stars, and bring it back? Or should we just use a png of it for the demo.

what about the replacing art?

Vicious cycle

I still don't think GIFs should be used for the intro. GIF files store animations frame-by-frame, which means not only will the file be overly huge in size, the animation will be choppy as well. Hardcoding, on the other hand, will only require a bunch of still images moving around, resulting in less space and smoother animations.

Thats what she said

do u mean a bunch as in about 95 different images? about 15 for the start? If the gif goes fast enough for unchoppyness and is done right (which it would be), it would look fine. I just dont think badara wants to have a zip folder containing a buggillion images.

I mean if we have all the png's in an animation, that would only make the image size bigger. At least when the gif is saved the colors are indexed to 256 instead of 5000. It also would only need a rename, and it would be good to go (so says the essentials guide)
    Last edited by Quinn; 07-08-10 at 04:31 PM.

Vicious cycle

Don't really think you understand what "coding" the animation means.

An animated GIF file is composed of frames, so if a particular GIF file has 50 frames then it's basically the same size as 50 static images put together. By directly coding the animation, however, we would only need the individual dynamic parts of the animation as images (e.g. the Pokemon logo, Topaz logo, Jirachi silhouette, and starry background) and simply write a script to move them on the screen. So instead of 50 images, we would only need about 5-10 even smaller images to work with.

Thats what she said

yah, you got me...I dont get it now.

So what would be needed then? Each individual part?

+ Reply to Thread