Wow, you are right. I would have never guessed that you are deaf from any posts on here.

My favorite sound effect is when you find a rupee in a Legend of Zelda game. Sound is of course secondary to actual gameplay elements like plot and controls, but it often makes a game into a work of art. And allows for awesome metal remixes of songs on Youtube. I listen to remixes of Tales of Symphonia songs when I work out.

One thing I never understood about the deaf is how someone without knowledge of sound can think. When I think, I have an inner voice that speaks my thoughts. I am pretty much talking to myself in my head. What I can't fathom is how someone who doesn't talk can think something through. Do you use a different sense, like seeing the words in your head? How can someone who has never heard a spoken word learn a written language and alphabet?
This has always caused me to wonder. I can't figure out how I would organize my thoughts without sound, or even learn how to grasp the concept of a language, yet somehow it is done.