Well, I just listed the filenames of Irot's entire soundtrack that I have in a PM to him to check if I got everything up-to-date.

While I was doing it, I noticed the filenames and realized what they were for. Music/Sounds to be playing during events like "Bug Catcher Encounter" and it made me wonder...

How important is sound/music in a game to you? The reason I ask is because I'm completely deaf and have been since birth. I have never heard a sound, as you can hear them. I do have a tolerance range of around 100-110 decibels in my right/left ears respectively. For comparison, a lawnmower is around 90 db. I wouldn't even pick that up at all (at least not with my ears).

If a sound is close enough and loud enough, then I do pick up on it. But I'd say something at 100 decibels from a 3-6 inch range would probably be what you would identify as a whisper? I would probably be more focused on the vibrations in the air and the echoing effect than the sound itself so I'm not too sure how to describe it.

Anyway, I wanted to give you guys an idea of how deaf I am so that you could respond appropriately. People have always been curious about my being deaf since it obviously does not show at all online, unless I directly admit it. I wish people wouldn't be so timid or awkward about asking me questions about it, because I honestly don't mind. The opposite side of the coin is also true, I am extremely curious about how you people perceive sound and how it affects you. I honestly don't know much about it, because I've never thought about it for the most part.

How does a sound or a music track affect you when playing a game? Why is it so important? Does the game change if the sound is off? Why do people nearby sometimes get annoyed with it? How does a "beep" or "chime" affect the quality of the game?

As you can see, I have no idea about any of it and am curious so I would really appreciate responses! Feel free to ask me anything you want as well, we're obviously not too strict about on-topic stuff around here. You won't offend me, don't worry. I look forward to reading your responses!