+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Twitter is now working (update)

Administrator

Default Twitter is now working (update)

<a href="http://twitter.com/pokemontopaz">http://twitter.com/pokemontopaz</a>

The forum now automatically tweets all threads created in the Topaz Development forum, so people can follow us and keep up with what's going on. <b>Update:</b> Fixed it so that it tweets the full URLs instead of using URL shortening services. It will wrap for the latest tweet but, barring long thread titles, they will look normal on the older tweets.

I'll be using this thread to post updates with forum changes as the other was getting crowded. Currently working on my 'to do' list, which is:

fix postbit footer on midnight
    fix light blue around postbox on midnight
    add posted by in news
    move theme selector
    fix visitor messages on midnight
    fix header on midnight (IE: latest posts)
    fix contributor rankicon
    find a place to add rules link
    redesign index page, add paragraph and reduce news
    add forgotten password link
    breadcrumb nav on bottom
    work on false dawn
    work on news divs
    install more mods
    I probably won't be doing these in order.
    Last edited by zeroality; 03-10-10 at 06:51 PM.

Administrator

add posted by in news
    redesign index page, add paragraph and reduce news
    Those are done. neon was also nice enough to redo the sprites page, putting the Pokemon in Caldera/Kirant dex order.

I think the site index page looks neater now. Before it was just the news and the latest SoT crammed in on the bottom. Comments?

Resident Composer

A definite improvement on the index. My eyes don't hurt while looking at it and everything is displayed in a pleasantly compact environment. Good jorb! :P
    Haven't checked out the Pokemon Topaz Soundtrack? Click HERE!

Like my music and still want to hear more? Check out my compositions at IR's Music Corner!

Administrator

move theme selector
    add forgotten password link
    find a place to add rules link
    Those are done. For members, you should see a new Style drop down menu in your upper left links. For guests, they get a plain text link menu - with the new Forgotten Password link to the left of it.

I also fixed the forum icons and installed a different menu tab manager. This one leaves us stuck with the 'Forum' tab at front but at least we were using a 'Index' tab anyway. I'm working on getting the hover background to match but the rest work. Rules is now linked as well. Main thing is, no more What's New tab.

Oh, and the 'fancy' login boxes with the nifty icons are back. Working on getting the one on Midnight looking right.

Edit: Just added a new notification system. It will still pop up on new PM, if you have it enabled but now instead of listing the notifications in a dropdown, it will display it in a very visible box as pictured:

As usual, will need to fix it for Midnight.

Edit2: Minor change, switched day/month to month/day on latest posts box. I was looking at it and going like wtf?

Edit3: Due to the large number of guests (300+ daily average), we have been forced to disable searching for unregistered users. This will keep resources available for our members.
    Last edited by zeroality; 03-09-10 at 05:17 PM.

Administrator

I just realized that the new style selector returns you to the index after changing skins, which isn't how it is supposed to work. There's also something screwy with the tabs on profiles (above where you type visitor messages) so I'll be fixing that as well.

Edit: Just went through almost all site pages and did minor changes - mostly the header text on each page which needed to be in h3 tags. The only page that underwent a major change was the Concept Art page. I removed what was up there entirely and replaced it with a lightbox script. I'm not going to explain here what that is, so go to the page and check it out if you wanna see.

Further updates can be viewed here. Feel free to comment on the Twitter. I'm not sure if we can change the tweet page colors?
    Last edited by zeroality; 03-10-10 at 10:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread